عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of 8 weeks of aquatic exercise on the static and dynamic balance of children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy. It was a quasi-experimental study with pre- and post-test design. The population consisted of 8 to 10 years old children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy without intellectual disabilities from Tehran. Thirty subjects classified in level 1-3 were selected with available and targeted sampling method from Eslamshar's Center of Exceptional Children, and randomly assigned to intervention and control groups (each including 15 children) base on a pre-test. Subjects in the intervention group participated in an aquatic exercise program for three one-hour sessions per week over 8 weeks. The control group did not participate in any of these exercises and continued their daily activities. Postural control was evaluated using Biodex Balance SystemTM in the significance level of P
10. O’Connor J. Effects of aquatic exercise on balance in children with cerebral palsy [thesis]. [Northridge]: California State University; 2012.
11. Fragala-Pinkham MA, Dumas HM, Barlow CA, Pasternak A. An aquatic physical therapy program at a pediatric rehabilitation hospital: A case series. Pediatr Phys Ther. 2009;21(1):68-78.
12. Lim Y, Lim H, Kim Y, Lee H, Jeon H. The effect of aquatic therapy on the improvement of functional balance and walking ability in cerebral palsy. Pediatr Aqua Ther.2013; 25(1) :1-3.
13. Badawy WM & Ibrahem MB. Comparing the effects of aquatic and land-based exercises on balance and walking in spastic diplegic cerebral palsy children. Med J Cairo Univ. 2016;84(1):1-4.
14. Kim KH, Shin HK. The effects of water-based exercise on postural control in children with spastic cerebral palsy. Physical Therapy Rehabilitation Science. 2017;6(2):77-82.
15. Esmailiyan M, Marandi SM, Esfarjani F. Effect of a period of resistive and balance exercises on the balance of cerebral palsy children: A case study. J Sport Med. 2014; 6(2):153-66. (In Persian)
16. Hosseinabadi MR, Taheritorbati HR, Alavinia M, Keyvanlo F, Ahmadi M, Rahimi N. The impact four week of physical therapy on exaggerated muscle tonicity, balance and quality of life in hemi paresis patients. J North Khor Univ Med Sci. 2011;3(2): 17-22. (In Persian)
17. Pourazar M, Hemayattalab R, Arabameri E. The comparison of self-control and experimental-control feedback frequencies on learning a throwing task in children with cerebral palsy. J Dev Motor Learn. 2014;6(3):271-92. (In Persian)
18. Horak TA, Pagulayan RJ, Bardy BG, Hettinger LJ. Modulating postural control to facilitate visual performance. Hum Movement Sci. 1986;19:203-20.
19. Lindemann U, Rupp K, Muche R, Nikolaus T, Becker C. Improving balance by improving motor skills. Z Gerontol Geriatr. 2004;37:20-6.
20. Moradi J, Behpoor N, Ghaeeni S, Shamsakohan P. Effects of 8 weeks aquatic exercise on static balance in veterans with unilateral lower limb amputation. Iran J War Pub Health. 2014;6(22):27-34. (In Persian)
21. Daniar K, Heirani A, Parnow, A. Effects of a 8-weeks selected training program on physical and motor status in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy in Ilam city. J Mod Rehab. 2015;9(1):1-7. (In Persian)
22. Kiani M, Mahdavinejad R, Karimi MT, Etemad-alolama A. Effect of eight weeks of core stabilization exercises on postural control and balance of children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy. Phys Treat: Spec Phys Ther J. 2014;3(4):45-63. (In Persian)
23. Emara HAMH. Effect of a new physical therapy concept on dynamic balance in children with spastic dipelgic cerebral palsy. Egypt J Med Hum Genet. 2015; 16(1):77-83.
24. Jung J, Lee J, Chung E, Kim K. The effect of obstacle training in water on static balance of chronic stroke patients. J Phys Ther Sci. 2014;26(3):437-40.
25. Ballaz L, Plamondon S, Lemay M. Group aquatic training improves gait efficiency in adolescents with cerebral palsy. Disabil Rehabil. 2011;33:1616-24.
26. Dimitrijević L, Aleksandrović MM, Dejan O, Tomislav R, Dragan DD. The effect of aquatic intervention on the gross motor function and aquatic skills in children with cerebral palsy, J Hum Kinet. 2012;32:167-74.
27. Kelly M, Darrah J. Aquatic exercise for children with cerebral palsy. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2005;47:838-42.
28. Retakar R, Fragala-Pinkham M, Townsend E. Effects of aquatic aerobic exercise on endurance, mobility, and participation for a child with cerebral palsy: A single subject design. Pediatr Phys Ther. 2009;21:336-44.
29. Ferdjallah M, Harris GF, Smith P, Wertsch JJ. Analysis of postural control synergies during quiet standing in healthy children and children with cerebral palsy. J Clin Biomech. 2002;17:203-10.
30. Means KM, O'Sullivan PS, Rodell DE. Psychosocial effects of an exercise program in older persons who fall. J Rehabil Res Dev. 2003;40(1):49-58.